Friday, July 5, 2024

"Open last"

 The morning dawned with sun yet some gray clouds, rain was forecast... would it make it a dreary day? A drive lay ahead and my aching throat was the greeting to my next decade... The card had layed next to me all night, now retrieving my trusty pocket knife I slit the envelope open carefully... the card had wrinkled some, the light blue stain that bled through from where I had held it close to my heart until the time to open it. There was the card with the very familiar handwriting... a kind and encouraging message that brought tears to my eyes, and there was a mysterious white piece of paper folded in half with the simple words "open last" the card had contained an explanation of the paper so with trembling hands I opened the white piece of paper... the more I read the more my hands shook, the more my heart ached and yet the more pride and joy that weld up inside! How can it be that one simple card and one simple piece of paper could be the most painful things I have ever received and yet simultaneously joyous? Now I have two prize possessions... 1 my old Bible from childhood, 2 the most beautifully painful card I have ever received with a white piece of paper that said "open last".

As my day came to a close I looked back and without any shadow of a doubt I could say it was my absolute best birthday yet, the most prized possession and gift that could have been given that day!!! I wonder if everyone gets these same opportunities? I don't remember hearing many people talk about them if they do, so I bow my head and I say thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus!

"Open last" πŸ’”❤️‍🩹❤️πŸ’πŸ’žπŸ™πŸ™πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

No comments:

Post a Comment