Wednesday, January 17, 2024

My Greatest Fear...

 A whisper, a premonition, a prediction, or perhaps a promise?? “You will lose this too.”


The closest I’d ever let my heart get to a woman, perfect beauty in my eyes, the sweetest days of my life, like the face of an angel she had appeared into my world! She came on timing that mortals do not plan, a gift from Heaven for sure! My greatest fear was to lose this gift, lose this taste of Heaven, lose the sweetest I’ve ever known, lose a one in a trillion, lose a once in a lifetime chance!?


A gift from Heaven for a reason unknown to mortals, a gift for sure! Pleading with my King for her hand in mine, notwithstanding only for His glory and only "thy will be done, Father". Day and night wrestling with my God, giving the gift back to her maker- for to have and hold she was not mine to be. Sweetest days though, not always easy but beautiful times to be treasured! What a smile!


I knew this day would come, I had fought it, I had cried out to, "let it pass", to let me keep this treasure that was not mine to keep. But she was only on lone for a fleeting four and one half months.


Would my greatest fear come to pass and then destroy me? A gift of knowledge as the day drew near to let her go, oh how hard but how sweet the time spent with my King, stilling the storm in my heart and giving peace!


In pain, what have I lost? ...My greatest fear will die this night! Instead of losing a gift, I carry the fruits of a short but amazing time! Instead of losing a gift, now I can be a gift too!


"Father, hold this treasure of yours close to your heart and give her a Heaven on Earth of her very own!!!!!"


...Now My Greatest Victory!! Thank you Jesus!!


But you may ask… Why did God allow this pain?   No pain, no gain!!!🙌 If you know, you know 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment