Tuesday, February 13, 2024

"Rain Drops"

 

As the clouds parted and the sunshine broke through I felt the ground beneath my feet, firm and solid yet damp and cool; the perfect time to plant, to pull weeds, and prepare for something beautiful to come!


Let me tell you about this flower garden… it’s been a long process working here. From time to time I can get some really strong thunderstorms where all fury breaks loose and everything I’ve tried to accomplish gets washed away! So I have built levees to divert the water around my flower garden and I even used tarps to cover the area so I would only get water when I wanted it and only from the garden hose. Some of the plants have not grown well at all and others have done reasonably well but I had trouble with some of the weeds.


Well, it’s interesting how my levees started to get a few holes punched in them, some from the outside and I made a few from the inside too! And then a beautiful wind came and blew the tarp away from overhead! It was actually really nice and I didn’t mind it a bit being gone!!! All was good as I worked in the flower garden until I saw the dark clouds and felt the wind whistling through my fingers…


As the lighting flashed and the thunder cracked in the sky I felt helpless standing in my flower garden, I knew this day would come, for thunderstorms always come… If at least I could pull the old tarp back over my flower garden it would keep the rain from beating down on the tender plants. As I reached out my hand and began to pull the tarp over the delicate garden of my heart I heard a voice saying “let the rain come!” What?? I argued- “NO!” But the voice again said “let the rain come!”


It was a downpour- as the flood rose higher all I could do was call out to the voice for help, through the light from the lighting I could see my Best Friend reaching His hand out and holding mine tightly.


As the rain drops fell from my eyes, drenching the garden of my heart, I began to see the uselessness of tarps and levees to shield my heart from pain.


The tears of pain and joy both water the ground gently and the dry and desolate garden begins to spring to life more than it ever has before!!


Yes I know there is a tear running down my face- today it’s a grateful one!


Thank you Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment